- 1 Small Round Watermelon That Will Stand Up Without Wobbling.
- 1 Pomegranate.
- 1 Granny Smith Apple.
- 4 OZ. of Fresh Lemon Sour.
- 1 1/2 OZ of Cachaca
- 1 1/2 OZ of Medium Dry Sake.
- 1 OZ. of Orange Curacao
- 1 OZ. of Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
- 4-6 Dashes of Orange Bitters
Cocktail Recipe: Day Tripper
My ideas to get some energy on this blog never took hold, but I still find reasons to make original cocktail recipes all the time.
Not too long ago somebody told me about fiverr.com.
If you’re unfamiliar with fiverr, it is a website for buying and selling small tasks and services. A lot of the tasks and services offered on fiverr didn’t exist until fiverr came around.
When I sold one of my customized cocktail recipes on fiverr after it only being posted 22 hours, I thought to myself, “WTF, I gotta charge ‘em for this?” “Is that what I’ve been doing wrong this whole time?”
Our buyer’s mind tells us that five bucks is a great value, but if it’s free it must be shit.
Now you have to pay for my hand made original cocktail recipes, suckers. Hah! Not really, only if you go to fiverr. Here, the cocktails flow freely for all readers. Ask and you shall receive.
The recent fiverr cocktail clients are from the company who developed the new smash-hit word game app, “Word Off.” They wanted one of my original cocktail recipes to celebrate their very successful new venture. This watermelon cocktail I put together is what they’re getting.
I’m calling it “Day Tripper” because it falls into the category of day time cocktail recipes that will either have you trippin’ over yourself or over the complexity of it’s flavors. The combination of Sake and Cachaca was a first for me, but it worked.
The orange Curacao and Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur help the lemon sour keep the drink in line of what you would expect from looking at it, but it’s not one of my most typical cocktail recipes at all. I really hope you try it and let me know what you think. Don’t be afraid of the comments graveyard. lvfrankg
PS There are hundreds of fiverr rip-offs and clones. Tread carefully if you post gigs to a clone site. In my opinion they are not to be trusted. I’ve had some bad experiences with a couple like fluxii.net and buzzingpeople.com. Fiverr is the original and we all know what the internet eventually does to non-originality.
BluntDinerz Original Cocktail Recipes
by Frank Giannantonio
- Remove two inches from the top of the watermelon.Scoop flesh from watermelon and top.
- Push flesh through a fine mesh colander or a food mill, and reserve juice.
- Pour juice back into hollowed watermelon and place in freezer.Remove seeds from pomegranate, (see video at end of post) and dice apple.
- Muddle pomegranate seeds, apples, and lemon sour in a mixing glass.
- Add all spirits except bitters.
- Remove watermelon from freezer.
- Shake ingredients in mixing glass with a lot of ice until well chilled.
- Double strain into watermelon and give it a good stir.
- Sprinkle bitters on top.
- Serve and enjoy.