- A ham
- 2 cans of pineapple
- 1 bag of brown sugar
- 1 bunch of cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 pint of sour cream
- 8 oz of heavy cream
- 6 oz of shredded smoked gouda
- Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup of diced scallions
Pulled Pork Nachos Recipe
How to make pulled pork with a ham
and how to make pulled pork nachos from that
My wife learned a cool trick from her friend. How to make pulled pork from a ham. It’s actually pretty frikkin smart because half the work is done for you already.
No toiling over a smoker, trying to cure a pork shank to perfection. With this pulled pork recipe all you have to do is
- Throw a ham in the oven with two cans of pineapple and a bag of brown sugar.
- Two-hundred degrees for eight hours and make sure it is covered well.
That’s it, baby. Just like Ron from Ronco says. “Set it and forget it.”
When you pull that thing out of the oven you won’t believe your eyes. You will have a huge portion of delicious and tender pulled pork.
This recipe does come out a little sweet which works wonderfully with the pulled pork nachos recipe I’m about to show you.
Now, the pulled pork nachos recipe I came up with has smoked gouda sauce and cilantro sour cream. It is a good idea to make the sour cream in advance so the flavors can have a chance to get friendly with each other overnight.
- Mix sour cream, lime, and chopped cilantro in a small bowl
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Refrigerate overnight
To make the smoked gouda sauce for this pulled pork recipe, you will need a double boiler. They are easy to fashion with a stainless steel bowl set over a pot of simmering water if you don’t have a double boiler.
- Bring water to a gentle simmer
- Add the cream to the pot with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Stir frequently
- When cream is scalded, (point just before boiling) add gouda
- Stir until gouda melts
- Turn off heat
At this point in the pulled pork nachos recipe, you wanna dice the scallions.
Now you’re ready to assemble the nachos
- Line a large platter with tortilla chips
- Drizzle half of the gouda sauce over chips
- Distribute a generous amount of pulled pork evenly across tortilla chips
- Drizzle remaining gouda sauce on top of pulled pork
- Top with cilantro sour cream and distribute evenly across the platter
- Garnish with chopped scallions
Pulled pork nachos recipe from BluntDinerz.com